POSITION: JANITORIAL STAFF
REPORTS TO: BUILDINGS GROUNDS SUPERVISOR AND/OR THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
HOURS OF WORK: EVENINGS, WEEKENDS - 15-30 HOURS PER WEEK DEPENDING ON SEASON PART-TIME
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General cleaning duties - clean and sanitize washrooms, sweep and wash floors, take out garbage, replenish supplies, and other cleaning as required;
- Set up, take down tables, chairs and other equipment as needed;
- Supervise activities at the center during opening hours and enforce centers rules;
- Directs general inquiries and information on rentals, programs, sports and events appropriately;
- Receives any general deliveries;
- Snow clearing from entry points is performed in a timely manner and follows fire regulations.
- Cut grass, pick up litter, empty garbage cans, keep garden beds groomed, and sweep grounds and parking lots for garbage and safety hazards;
- Performs maintenance of grounds - including soccer fields, tennis courts, basketball court, baseball diamond, splash pad, play structure.
- Other duties as assigned by Building Grounds Supervisor and/or the Director of Operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 18 years or older;
- Must have a flexible schedule, particularly during the winter months and be able to work all shifts;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must have excellent customer service skills and good with children, community minded;
- Self-directed but able to take direction from Building Grounds Supervisor and/or the Director of Operations;
- Must consent to a criminal record check with vulnerable sector search and child abuse registry check.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience.
- Please send your resume to email@example.com for further consideration. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
- No walk-ins, please.